Friday, January 8, 2010

We're Slightly Buried...





I'm not sure how much snow we got--guessing 8-10 inches. The storm hit us last night pretty strongly around 7 and after--it was pretty bad around 9 pm. I had driven to rehearsal fairly carefully, but visibility wasn't that bad--the roads weren't plowed that well, but I took it slowly as did the other drivers; most of us are used to this around here. HOWEVER, when I left rehearsal, the conditions were pretty much white-out---I was driving on a MAIN THOROUGHFARE--(Bluemound Rd, for those familiar with the area)--I couldn't tell if I was on the road or not! I then tried to turn down what I thought was Calhoun--and couldn't at all tell if I was on the road, and found out I wasn't on Calhoun, and wound up parallel with I94--turned around and went back to Bluemound (thank GOD for four wheel drive--these roads were not plowed!) Then I decided to just take Moorland Road---I was trying to go straight and there was a left hand turn lane going onto Greenfield--and somehow I would up over the small median because I couldn't see it or tell where the lanes were:) Again, thank GOD for four wheel drive:) So, it took be about 45 minutes to get home--visibility was really really bad, I didn't know where the lanes and sometimes roads were, but I found my house!

As a note, only about 10 of us idiots I mean troopers:) made it to our first rehearsal back last night--and my band director gifted me with an AWESOME solo piece----The Theme from Schindler's List; it's such a beautiful piece!!!!!----I am the entire solo part--so hopefully my parents can make it to that concert in Mid May--this is a first for me and I'm excited! Of course that means I might have to actually, gulp, p-p-p-practice?

3 comments:

Debbie said...

But it does look really pretty - doesn't it! We had to go sledding this morning. Can't let a good snowfall go to waste! :)

Julie said...

That's not snow. That's something else entirely. That's like the world ending. Is there still milk and bread at the grocery store? How about bottled water? Do people start hoarding after the first inch of snow falls? Or is that just here?

LOL

Our Blessed Journey said...

Julie-this may sound odd, but 6-10 inches of snow up here is a big P.I.A., but it honestly doesn't even phase us--seriously---it's not unusual--WI goes through light periods and heavy periods of snow; and to answer your question, I don't think people change their grocery patterns as a result of a snow forecast--it's more of a matter of deciding when to close the schools. However, in 2008 we did have quite a bit and ran out of salt for the interstates that year; that is not a good thing.