Friday, December 2, 2011

The Magician and Her Lovely Assistant

So the girls decided to put together a magic show last night.  Angel asked her daddy if he had a top hat (which he did not:).  She looked really disappointed, so I suggested that we have a lot of construction paper, and she could make one; and she got right to work...and did a most excellet job!  Then, the Magician and her Lovely Assistant went right to work, outfitting themselves and putting their show together.  I think they actually accomplished everything in about 20 minutes, once the top hat was made.

And then, it was time for the show...in the audience, mommy and daddy!  (I will admit I wasn't expecting a whole lot, but boy, the joke was on me!!!)


They had a Big Top style Magic show, with animated introductions, vocal circus music, beautiful and graceful moves from the lovely assistant, and entertainment (distractions) between acts.  The first act was the disappearing  Assistant (with the use of blankets and an ottomon and of course,  the magician's cape.


Then, we had the magically-appearing scarves, bunches and bunches, tied together, pullled out of the magician's hat.


Then, the adorable bunny was pulled out of the hat.  But there wasn't just one, the magician surprised the audience with THREE bunnies!!!


And, of course for the grande finale, the magician sawed her lovely assistant in half!  (and then her lovely assistant got better, in case you were concerned:)

I seriously have to tell you, that I was genuinely impressed and entertained!  Further, this is the kind of creativity that comes out of my girls on the days when I'm not "busying" them with school---exactly why homeschooling is so important to us!

p.s.  I should mention, Angel Girl has been intrigued by the idea of magic for at least three years now, and has begged me to teach her magic.  Three years later, I think she finally figured out I am not a magician, and she will need to develop her own talents.  Hmmmmmm, this gives me some ideas for Christmas!

1 comment:

Julie said...

We are currently really into magic around here.

Asa had a great birthday party with a magician.

On the day after thanksgiving while at the mall, a magician did a trick for connor. He picked a card, and I wrote his name on it. Then the magician put it back in the deck and shuffled it, and then it ended up inside of a balloon that he popped! Super cool