Monday, January 19, 2015

treasures lost and found


So I put on my raspberry rhodolite ring today, and recalled a funny story about it which I thought I would share.

14.5 years ago, at the end of July, about one week before my wedding, I was sitting in a meeting at work (Snapon, yes I used to have a "real" job;), when I noticed the center stone was missing. As soon as the meeting was over, I checked my desk area, shot out to my car and even retraced my after-lunch steps in the parking lot. It was most definitely gone:(. But I still held hope and put out a call to the Universe to deliver it safely back to me.
...... Fast forward....past the wedding and onto the honeymoon (hubby planned it...we took an Amtrack train ride from Chicago to Portland, Oregon (great way to see beautiful sights you can't normally see!).... Did a B&B tour of his design in Oregon, Seattle, ferry to Vancouver Island, and picked up a cruise ship in Vancouver to take the Alaskan inside-passage cruise;)
.... I digress...
So, we got off the train and rented a car. We were headed to lunch when I looked on the floor of the rental car at a pretty piece of hard candy. I picked it up, and you guessed it, not hard candy, but my center stone....magically reappeared two weeks later ... Lost in Wisconsin Found on the floor of a rental car somewhere in coastal Oregon!

True Story...don't be afraid to ask...and BE open to receive

No comments: