Monday, August 24, 2009

Old World Wisconsin




We were out picking up paint at our non toxic paint store where we always buy it--it's a beautiful drive and pretty area. I figured since we were out we should take a break from traditional homeschooling and have a field trip--why, because we can! So we went to out to lunch at Culvers, and then I thought I would take them to Elegant Farmer (a wonderful apple and pumpkin farm, with a train and lots to offer). But then I thought, I have never been to Old World Wisconsin, and it's on my list of things I have to do before we move (whenever that may be?). We arrived there, and holy moly, the grounds are so peaceful and beautiful. We didn't pay for the whole tram tour where you can get on and off as you please and see the historic buildings and the interpreters. It's too much for just three hours, and I prefer their daddy be with us when we do that. I just wanted to see where it was and get information. Boy there is so much more going on there than I realized! They have special events planned all year too, so we plan on going back mid October for their fall harvest weekend!
http://oldworldwisconsin.wisconsinhistory.org/




My girls decided they'd like to be 19th century girls for Halloween to match their new bonnets; we'll have to see if Grandma J would be interested in sewing up some smocks for them:) I'm sure they'll want to be mermaids again tomorrow:)





We came home and made yarn dolls; I have very fond memories of doing this with my Grandma--I'll have to hit grandma J up for any and all yarn scraps she doesn't want!

No comments: