Friday, June 11, 2010

Sniff Sniff



Ok, so last night was my last "official" rehearsal with the Brookfield Civic Band--I made a few VERY close life-long friend ships in this group; and I can honestly say, this is probably my only regret with us leaving. Pictured above is my wonderful friend and band director and myself--and a couple of more friends. Coincidentally, my band director (K) and I actually went to college together--though I was a senior when he was a freshman; but we have a lot of the same friends through the music fraternity; and we played in Wind Ensemble together. However, we didn't know each other directly back then. As more coincidence, K played tuba in a brass quintet at my wedding--though we still didn't know each other. And as a further coincidence, he teaches in the home-town in which I grew up--the whole school district and band program where I was trained in my early days of music; and he's the current director for the Band of the Black Watch---of which I'm an alumni (we were a field show band who competed across the country during the summer---if you aren't familiar--this is a you-tube from when I was in Black Watch in its very early years in the mid 80's--cool stuff (obviously this is VHS converted to digital:D) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CxuEpT7q2Y&feature=related

So, yes, we're moving--if you don't know the details and would like to know (and you know me, send me your email address and I'll fill you in!)


No comments: