Saturday, June 12, 2010

St. John Vianney Festival






It was a wee bit chilly for June (mid 60's and not much sun)---but we had a fun cheerful day. My friend T made a great suggestion that we meet him out at this very popular church festival in Brookfield. Now, I grew up in a town that is notorius for its church fests, but I've NEVER seen one like this---it was a HUGE carnival. Normally I'm not a big fan of allowing my girls to go onto mobile carnival rides--they are transported around, not permanent--therefore they feel less safe to me. However, I decided to live on the edge a bit today, and the family had a great time! I was also glad to spend one last day with my good friend T and his youngest daughter, and some of their friends--and the girls had a blast!!!

2 comments:

Meg said...

I am a huuuuuuuge fan of festivals. Church fests, food fests, music fests, heritage fests...if you can call it a fest, I will be there! I'm hoping to make one next weekend before my surgery, and then once I get into a walking boot, I'm going to be hobbling all over the end-of-summer fests!

Sometime you guys should come out to Ohio and join us for the Circleville Pumkin Show. I bet you have a nephew and niece who would love to host your family for this ulltimate fall extravaganza!

(That's right, I just invited you to stay at K&J's house... ;0) )

Our Blessed Journey said...

I've wanted to hit that with you all; but haven't been able to thus far--but that, along with our lives, is about to change! (haven't been to OH since Fall of 2008!) However, as much as I appreciate your VERY kind invitation to THEIR house, I'm not sure they'd think kindly of hosting our VERY active 1 yr old golden retriever pup:O So, we may have to bring or find our own housing:D

I LOVE the fests too---we'll never run out of things to do where we're going! (up here we've gone to the Giant Pumpkin Fest the last couple of years)