Thursday, March 15, 2012

I Guess I Have Myself a Little Bracelet Business Now:)

When I made my first bracelet, about 1.5 weeks ago, I had NO idea that they would become such a hot ticket item where people would start asking me to make them bracelets...I've even had people on the street stop me.   In 1.5 week's time frame, I have sold 16 bracelets, I have several people about to order, and I have a craft shop in Waco, TX called Butter flies, which plans on purchasing my bracelets for resale on their end, on a regular basis.  I haven't even had time to build up inventory, they sell as soon as I make them!  So, my friend in TX (the co-owner of the shop, soon to open a second location) made some suggestions (she's got a strong marketing background), asking me to come up with a little background on the bracelets and attach business size cards to the bracelets, as well as a bigger version for their display.  They even plan on featuring my bracelets, separate from their other jewelry!  And, she had me rush ship the six I had so they'd arrive on time for a TX cook off this weekend:)  Since she suggested I come up with a background type of card, my hubby and I decided to take it a step further and just make inspirational business cards we could attach (the focus is on the meaning of the bracelets though).  And this is what I came up with:

 I've decided to call our little bracelet business, Dragonfly Inspirations.  Unfortunately, after I created/ordered the cards (you know, yesterday morning:) my husband also suggested I create a blog (not going the website route yet; may finish creating my weebly site later though:), to showcase the bracelets I've created.  The unfortunate part is that blog website address is not printed on the first batch of cards, but no worries, I can just handwrite it on the back.  So, for anybody who may be interested, please visit Dragonfly Inspiration Bracelets, and enter in your email address (I won't see it) to follow by email.  Feel free to share with your friends.  There's an email address listed on there for anybody who may be interested in ordering a bracelet.

**added note: we decided to have the blog address printed on sticker style address labels, which also has a photo of the dragonfly on it, and then stick these on the back of the cards for a more polished look!

No comments: