Wednesday, August 15, 2012

James Island Splash Park

 The last time we hit this waterpark in Charleston, we had just recently relocated from Wisconsin to South Carolina, and my girls were only 4 and 6, as pictured here.
 Now my girls are 6 and 8; and what a difference two years makes!  My six year old is now tall enough to go on the tubes down the "big" slide by herself.  And my eight year old was able to somewhat walk around the park and do the rides without a parent by her side at all times (there were life guards everywhere, and this is a small enough park; she wouldn't get lost.   And it's a very safe park.)
 The next change was, even as a homeschooling family, I'm adopting a "Bento" style lunch for us.  Grab and go...fantastic!  For this trip, I actually packed 8 containers....because I knew we'd be hungry when we left the park at 6:00 closing!

1 little monkey climbing in a tree....
Here they are!!! four lunches and four dinners, Bento style...to go; using water bottles that I had stuck in the freezer the previous evening, to keep everything cold.  I was so proud of me:D

No comments: