Tuesday, April 29, 2014

homeschooling and college

My girls asked me a question this morning. Their (traditionally schooled) friends asked them how they will be able to get into college if they are homeschooled and don't have "report cards:)"
I explained to the girls that you generally need a high school diploma and transcript (which they will have...though many colleges have other application opportunities for homeschoolers) and that if they choose the college path, nothing will stop them.

I thought this was a very interesting topic amongst the girls and their friends. I don't think it was brought up out of malice, but genuine curiosity.

Btw...Little Angel's  been telling me for two years now that she plans on going to SCAD (Savannah College of Art and Design...majoring in Fashion). I think that's impressive for a 10 year old to be thinking about this and to already have a plan!
I also think I better find somebody to teach her to sew

I have to tell you that even by my senior year in high school I had no clue where I wanted to go to college (I literally went to the college my parents suggested for me .... Not too far, not too close...not too big , not too small ... UWW was the perfect fit for me (and the only college I applied to) and I loved it there!!! thankfully I knew what I wanted to major in;)

No comments: