Saturday, December 20, 2014

***Steep in the beauty of each moment***

As parents, we have this beautiful opportunity to truly celebrate our children's rites of passage. I'm doing my best, as a mom, a homeschooling mom who's almost always with her children (where it can be very easy to miss what's right in front of us, you know, because they are always right in front of us;)....to step back, observe, and steep into these beautiful moments...not just the obvious ones, but the little everyday, seemingly ordinary moments...they really wind up being the most precious moments. These golden moments, like childhood, are precious...and fleeting. Today was an obvious rite de passage, when my sweet Fairy Girl got her ears pierced (second attempt...two years ago she thought she was ready, but wasn't)....but the truth of the matter is...each of my girls went through this rite de passage (in this case, piercing of ears), not just with mom, but with Grandma! That must be part of why Fairy Girl wasn't ready two years ago, Grandma wasn't there! I know this is a special memory each of my girls will carry through life with them. I'm eternally grateful that I get to celebrate so many everyday special moments with my girls....it's amazing how one day you're holding your babies, and in the blink of an eye, 9 and 10 years have literally flown by!
(photos below of Fairy Girl 2005 at 3 months, in WI...and 2013 8 yrs old, in SC...when we moved to SC when she was four...and she's now lived longer in SC than she has in WI...time does fly )

***Steep in the beauty of each moment***

 

No comments: