Sunday, January 17, 2016

MADD (not Mother's against drunk driving...although I can't think of too many who are for it:)

Yesterday...went to Michael's....no kiddos....I think I was there for about three hours. I also think I might have a condition....I shall call it "Michael's Attention Deficit Disorder." I'm quite certain it's already a thing, just may not have been named previously.
Basically, I went in, not to buy, but just to look around, observe, learn, get inspired for a new and cool idea I have for my shop. I did accomplish that; made zero purchases towards that idea.
But somehow I found this nautical canvas ribbon. I knew I had to have it. And then I knew I had to create a nautical wreath for our front door....because you know....boating.
Then I saw these amazing large distressed letters of the alphabet. I think I walked around the store with them for two hours. I didn't buy them.
Then I found some smaller, colorful letters....I chose: S-E-A (that spells "sea," because you know...embracing our coastal life-style)
Then I knew I had to create a wall hanging for the downstairs bathroom...which still has primer on. We never finished painting it....it's been over a year. I'm happy with the bright white primer...it used to be a dank maroon in a small, enclosed space .... It kind of freaked my girls out...the white is good....anyway, I started wandering the store aimlessly trying to figure out what to do with those letters. And then I found a gorgeous ocean blue distressed frame...but not for that bathroom. Soon went back for more letters ... S-E-A...again ...and craft paper ....and, and, and..$100 later (after my teacher discount)....I have a bag full of cool burlaps and glitters and things.
So I'm sure y'all agree now, that if anybody has Michael's Attention Deficit Disorder...I do. I'm also willing to bet a few of my friends do too!
And if you're still reading this long-drawn-out post, you're more crazy than I am. 😜
The end!
(Finally:)
I created these last night:




No comments: