Wednesday, August 27, 2008

super yummy muffins!


These are a hit! A family friend gave us this recipe, and I made these last night. The beauty of these (besides being tasty) is they are relatively healthy, make a lot of muffins--and you have the option to keep the batter in your fridge for up to six weeks to have freshly baked muffins on demand! I opted to make them all (about 4-5 dozen) and put them in the freezer--I'll just warm them up in the microwave or better yet the toaster oven as needed. Enjoy, we are:)

p.s. I'm using organic ingredients to make these very healthy.
p.p.s. you need a VERY LARGE bowl to mix the batter!!!
p.p.p.s. (btw, this is proper English, it means, post post post script--your homeschooling lesson for the day:)--a healthier option that I may try next time would be to replace half the butter with apple sauce or possibly yogurt--watch the baking time then, as it would dry it a bit more.

Bran Muffins

Cream: 1 cup butter
3 cups sugar (unrefined organic sugar)
4 eggs

Add: 1 box 17 oz Raisin Bran Cereal (I found an organic version, and I crushed the cereal)
--5 cups of flour (whole wheat pastry flour)
--5 tsp baking soda
--4 tsp salt
--4 tsp cinnamon
--1 qt of buttermilk
--1 medium can of fruit cocktail in juice

Let sit for 24 hours
Bake 375 degrees for 20-25 minutes

No comments: