Friday, December 26, 2008

Christmas Scenes from our Home...


Merry Christmas from Buddy!!!

We received so many wonderful gifts from near and afar--thank you everyone! So, what do you think is the likelihood of receiving four Eric Carle games, and not one duplicate! We were thrilled, as the only games we had before were Crazy 8's, Hi Ho Cherry-O and Candyland--and the girls are old enough now to actually learn game skills rather than just run around losing the game pieces. So, a couple of weeks ago, we had established family game time, which we now do 1/2 to 1 hour every night before bedtime. We all truly love this quiet time together (and of course, don't tell them, but it's a great learning opportunity:)


Our Child-proof tree--we let them put all the child-safe ornaments on (I think many are currently scattered around the house:)--I filled in with the poinsettias so the tree still appeals to me:)--someday when the girls are old enough for the real ornaments again, I'm going to keep using the poinsettias, plus all my beautiful blown glass and ceramics, and it'll be gorgeous! (I think I'll take advantage of the after Christmas prices and run back to JoAnne Fabrics for a whole bunch more poinsettias--I never tire of the rich Christmas Reds!:)


Ok, if you've ever been to my house and saw the toilets, especially the powder room one, you'd know why I'm very excited to receive a toilet for Christmas:) (ok, it wasn't really a gift to me, but it sure would be an original, eh!)


1 comment:

Julie said...

So, you got our Christmas package alright?