Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year

I know, this picture's old--but it's still a goodie (doesn't he totally look like he's suffering from the New Year Day hangover:) So, here's a very precious moment from New Year's Eve last night: (yes New Year's Eve is pretty wild at our house)--about midnight, my husband who was working in the basement came upstairs. I had a nice fire going, and was just relaxing and watching shows (I believe HGTV)--he said, shouldn't we watch one of those shows with the crowds of people where the ball drops---I said, why, we know what'll happen--true, he agreed (besides, we're central time, so by the time our midnight hits, the NYC ball drop is old news, and the Chicago celebration isn't quite the same). Well, then as soon as my one show ended, we knew it was midnight. My husband was sitting on the middle part of the couch, I was on one end, and Buddy was on the other--he looks at me, looks at Buddy, and gives Buddy a big New Year's smooch!!! See how life changes after 8 years of marriage:)
Happy New Year Everyone!