Saturday, February 7, 2009

Lake Geneva Winter Fest


We took advantage of the 50 degree temperatures today, and ironically took a trip to Lake Geneva to attend the Winter Festival:) The amazing thing is it is 53 degrees warmer today than it was yesterday morning (and of course it'll be 20 degrees colder tomorrow:(


Many artisans partook in the United States National Snowsculpting competetion---the poor sculptures didn't fair too well today in the warmer temps:)--I liked this dragonfly sculpture.


It's not too often that we can enjoy icecream, outside, on February 7th in Wisconsin!



I've always wanted my very active little girls to have those cute horses to ride around the house. As we were walking back to our car, a little girl who wanted to pet Buddy had one, and I asked the mother where she got this. So I ran to the store and surprised the girls with these adorable horses (who make sounds by the way:). These are very nice, the Melissa and Doug brand. My Angel named hers Fren, and my Little Fairy named hers Kadeeeee-horsey!

These beautiful horse drawn carriage rides are offered in Lake Geneva year-round.


1 comment:

Julie said...

Melissa and Doug know their stuff