Saturday, June 13, 2009

Gingerbread House










I just love this place; it's called The Gingerbread House, and it was completed last year. It was built along a walking/ bike path, from a very old renovated farm house. For about three years we watched the renovations happening, wondering what was going on---and the big reveal was this beautiful place. Its original intent was a coffee house/ bakery (I have never had coffee in my entire life, but I still love the smell and atmosphere of coffee shops). Upstairs are little craft vendors. It's just so darned cute and cozy in here; and in the winter it's fun to come for a hot cocoa and sit by the fire; we did this once after our town Christmas Festival, where we went on a sleigh ride and stood out by a big bon fire--but it was cold, so we came here (I'd be there often with a book, if I didn't have kids:) Since it's just down the road from the golf center, and not far from my house, the girls and I stopped in for a quick cookie after Angel's golf lessons last week. Outside the girls enjoyed the ducks and chickens. I noticed there's now an outbuilding that is an ice cream shop (yeahhhh). There's plenty of seating on the front porch and on the back deck. And once inside, I was very surprised to smell garlic. I inquired and found out they now serve lunch (soups and sandwiches); and garlic bread and pizzas at dinner. And there was a nice breakfast menu as well. So the girls decided we're going to take daddy to The Gingerbread House for Father's Day:) (I have a thing for really cutsie places like this, and really cute towns that are Door Countyish:)