Wednesday, June 24, 2009

She's Getting into the Swing of Things


I think Little Angel needs a lot more individual instruction. This was brand new to her, and I thought she did pretty well considering. It's pretty obvious some of the other kids have previously received either lessons or help from their parents (you could tell when some of the kids walked in with their little golf shirts, clubs, and golf shoes, at age 5 and started driving the ball 200 yards!:) I miss golfing--it's something I enjoyed doing before kids and moving away from K-town. Since this is a nice family activity, and she does seem to be enjoying it, we're going to hit the driving range ourselves, and sign up for some more junior golf lessons directly through the golf center (this was just a class we took through city rec)--I inquired, and since I feel my 3.5 y/o Fairy Girl is coordinated, interested (she's asking) and ready, I'll enroll her too. I'll probably start hitting the driving range again myself as well, although it just dawned on me, I can't personally do that when I bring the kids--I have to watch them very carefully, and I'm afraid they'd approach me as I'm swinging the club. The good news is, with one girl being right-handed, and the other left-handed, it'll be really easy for me to watch them and help them as they face each other:) We're excited to start golfing as a family (well, at least the driving range for now:) Maybe Grandpa R can help too, hint hint:)

2 comments:

Julie said...

Oh Boy! I've gotta get Connor signed up for lessons, too! I had *no* idea that they started this early, and he can't have your girls be better at golf than he is!

He's already got the idea of the game down...he has a plastic set of clubs that he got for Christmas...

Our Blessed Journey said...

We had clubs when they were under two---and they basically just took them apart and used them for anything but golf:) The time is right now--the class wasn't open to kids under four though (through our city rec)--but the golf center is going to open up jr. lessons direct now--I asked the golf pro if I can enroll the 3 year old, and he said yes if I feel she's ready (otherwise they'd only do 4 and up). I'm excited--we can all go golfing with you guys:) Ok, for now we'll stick with the driving range:)