Thursday, May 13, 2010

The Spice of Life




Ran some fun errands yesterday---we went to JoAnn Fabrics for some crafty things and then next door to Penzey's. Yes, I actually took pictures in Penzey's----why? Because I really believe we will be leaving Wisconsin someday, and where we hope to go, Penzey's does not exist, and I will miss it--it's headquarted a few miles from us, so needless to say, there are plenty of store locations around me---I'm thinking that where we land someday, perhaps I should open up a Penzey's store, hmmmmmm, the wheels are turning:) p.s. and as a note, I'm in LOVE with the shallot salt!! I especially love it in my broccoli cheese soup! I also purchased the shallot pepper yesterday and added it onto our scrambled eggs this morning----nom nom nom nom :)

2 comments:

Julie said...

I will take pictures at our Penzey's the next time I am there - it is a totally different atmosphere. First of all, the building is round! And everything is wooden - like a round log cabin.

And, The last time I went to Penzey's, I totally came home with both Shallot salt and Brady Street cheese sprinkle. My other two purchases that day were Black and Red seasoning and Bold Taco seasoning.

I *heart* the shallot salt, too. I've been putting it on all our veggies.

Our Blessed Journey said...

Wow--I thought they all had the same look--the one in Brookfield--the city where it's actually head-quartered--actually looks the same as this store. Glad to hear we both have such good taste in our seasonings----LOVE both Shallot and Brady ST.---and another coincidence, I was kicking myself when I got home, because I forgot to purchase a taco seasoning--never have from there---can you recommend one that's not too spicy or hot (for the sake of my girls)?