Thursday, February 10, 2011

My "Garbage" Veggie Soup

I'm using up things in the "cupboards," in my attempt NOT to grocery shop before we move.  I threw this soup together, wasn't even going to bother to taste it myself:D....but then I did--and if I may say so myself--WOWZA!  Heck, even my very picky darling daughters liked it, which is a miracle in itself!  I served this with the pumpkin muffins from the recipe below (remember, using up things in the pantry:D)  The muffins were also a hit (I opted to do the muffins without the streusal topping:).  I don't have proportions for my soup---so I'll just rattle off the ingredients:

potatoes
carrots
corn 
a can of tomato sauce (I wasn't so sure about this, but had no diced tomatoes, it really worked!)
chicken stock
water
one can of kidney beans
rice
onion (or onion powder, I was out of onions:)
garlic powder (forgot I still had garlic:)
sea salt
pepper
basil
Penzey's salt free mural of seasonings

 

No comments: