Monday, March 14, 2011

Mer Painting

My Little Angel LOVES to do artwork; and if I may say so myself, she's very good!  However, I haven't always been good about getting paints out for the girls, so the few times I've complied, their little master-pieces were admittedly blobby messes.  But, as I truly believe, the love and fun lie in the process not in the finished product:)  Well, now that we have our beautiful backyard studio, there's no excuse not to let them paint!  On Friday, we headed to our favorite Michael's and stocked up on paints, brushes, glitter paints, and large pieces of paper.  Today, Little Angel created her very first non blobby, actual picture painting--and would you be surprised to find out it's one of her token mermaids:)

1 comment:

Julie said...

LOVE it! I like to let Connor and Lex paint on those wooden cut outs we find so often at Michaels. No matter how much they glob on, I just wipe it with a paper towel when they are done let it dry. It always turns out well, and it is super fun. We only use Crayola washable paints and water colors here!

Also, we only use Crayola washable markers, which is good, as Lex colored with a purple marker on 5! 5! 5! couch cushions this afternoon while I was in the potty. He's quick!