Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Last Week of March 2012




It's strawberry season; one of a couple of strawberry seaons.  We thought some strawberry picking was in order.  We headed down to The Bamboo Farm and Coastal Gardens in Savannah and picked ourselves some strawberries.....lots and lots of strawberries....10 pounds worth!  Of course there's no way we'll get through all those strawberries before they go bad, so J decided to try his hand at making jam....lots and lots of jam!  He actually made the jam in our breadmaker which has a jam cycle...wow is it good!

Then we took a drive over to the Savannah National Wildlife Refuge; which is actually mostly in South Carolina, not Georgia.  It's a beautiful parkway preserve, not far from our house, yet this is the first time we've been there.  We saw lots of gators in action...including some walking briskly....I've personally not seen them move before, usually they are just sunning themselves.  I opted not to get out and take a picture of the moving gators, which weren't all that far from our Sienna:D  They offer classes for kids, and volunteer work for families; and we plan on becoming "friends" of this beautiful place!


My girls have a new hobby; I seriously don't believe children need toys!



 And, for the final big happening of the week; we'd like to introduce my new niece, Maya (isn't she adorable!)  My brother and sister in law are the proud parents!

Oh my
 gosh, I almost forgot, our resident owl decided to bless us with her presence in our very own backyard....Little Angle spotted her!

No comments: