Saturday, May 5, 2012

A Week With Grandma and Grandpa and Brie

Our snowbird grandparents have left the Florida flock, and are headed back to Wisconsin.  Of course they came to hang in our hood for a few days!  This is day one.  My mom had come across this GREAT coupon deal where for the price of $10, they could choose amongst a restaurant list, and order $50 worth of food for $100!  She bought two and thought we could combine them (which we learned we cannot).  She found an Italian place on Hilton Head, handed me the information on the restaurant so that I could read the hours.  I read it 3 times and read that it was OPEN  seven days a week.  So, we thought we'd head over there for Sunday dinner!  

1.  We could not find it.
2.  Everytime I phoned for directions, the message said it wasn't open Sundays.

So, we settled for our local pizza fav, Guiseppi's:D  (and asked the waitress where their competition was located:D)

A fun time, and great pizza was had by all!

Day two.  We ate!  again.  (this is starting to feel like a growing trend with us, isn't it:D).  
This photo was taken from my favorite area picnic spot, in a forest preserve in Sea Pines.....it's gorgeous here!  The girls had fun feeding the turtles, as they did last time we were here.  
 But before we headed to the forest preserve, we did some shopping, sight seeing, and rocking.
We were in Harbourtowne (a VERY cute and trendy shopping/restaurant/park section on a marina in Sea Pines on Hilton Head)...they have red rocking chairs everywhere.  My dad and J were  rocking, and my dad had a taste for a beer....which would go nicely with the rocking.

Cheers! $17.50 for two Harbourtown Beers:O
ooops:D

The girls were SO excited that gramma and grampa would be here to see them sing in a choir performance.  Only, mommy ONCE again found out she REALLY cannot read, or at least follow a simple set of instructions anymore.  You see, there are two groups of choirs...the younger and the older children.  Only the older children were supposed to perform that day.  There was another girl from the younger group there, also all dressed up...so the choir director was gracious enough to introduce the three girls and let them join the older kids for their combined pieces:)  They also had each of the choristers state his/her name, age, school.  (The majority were actually homeschooled, which surprised me).  I was proud of my girls, who announced loudly and clearly!!!

Of course we hit the beach; where J lost his good sun glasses in a huge wave crash, and I lost my cell phone jacket.  But I did find a FABULOUS white hat!!!!!!   (as a note, this was in the Coligny shops area, we left it on a rail in hopes the owner would find it, but after an hour, decided it was waiting for me---I LOVE this hat!)  Speaking of finds, a month ago, I found $60 in a parking lot, and yesterday I found $5 in a parking lot!!!!!

And of course there was some pool time, and LOTS AND LOTS of puppy playtime!  Brie and Piper have completely hit it off:D

Now, if my parents could manage to get back to WI in one piece, I think we'll be in business:D

We miss gramma and grampa already, but we know they'll be back down before we know it!
 

No comments: