Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Dinners by Miss Angel

I have a little girl.  Ok, technically I have two, but that's not what this story is about.  Ahem, so, I have a little girl.  And this little girl loves to work in the kitchen...I mean she really really LOVES it!  I have to admit, I won't exactly earn the "Most Patient Mom" award when it comes to kids in the kitchen.  When I'm in there, they usually both want to be in there...this works ok for baking, but not as well for vegetarian cooking...which often includes cutting LOTs of vegetables with a chef knife....a LARGE chef knife.  The distractions frighten me, as I kind of value my fingers:D  Anyhooooooo, like I was saying, I have a little girl, Miss Angel, who LOVEs to work in the kitchen.  I don't want to discourage this passion of hers with my impatience.  Thankfully, she can read now!  This really comes in handy as she also loves scouring through recipe books!  She's already told me she plans on opening a bakery someday, called "Just Desserts." 

 Well, I do try to let her work with me, or me with her on meals...but she wants to do it all...alone!  (and we don't let her work with sharp knives yet...but we do let her work with the stovetop and oven.)  And here's the other dilemma, several nights a week I hear, "Can I make dinner???!!!"  (and sadly, the answer is often "no."  That doesn't make me the most intelligent mom, now does it...somebody volunteering to get me off the making dinner hook????).  But, there are only so many recipes she's ready to make at this point...we have to build her young kitchen skills up.    So, here's what I decided...I've decided to start researching and compiling recipes that are suitable for Miss Angel.....and I will plan for one or two of those recipes everytime I grocery shop...and, I've decided to give her one official, "she's in charge of dinner" night, a week.  (Wednesdays, in case you were wondering).  And tonight, is the start of her first official Miss Angel's Wednesday Dinners!

And today's special is....(drum roll please.....)
 CREAMY TOMATO SOUP!  And she made up her very own recipe...I seriously cannot beLIEVE how good this was!

No comments: