Sunday, July 8, 2012

Guess What We Did?

I bet ANYTHING you were expecting me to answer that we went to the beach...weren't ya, weren't ya:D

Well, although we're relatively new to the neighborhood, I'm VERY sad (for us and the other neighbors) that we're losing such great neighbors---but I am of course very happy for their family!

We've had some festivities (amidst all the packing and loading) this week, in honor of our friends who are ditching us for Atlanta!

There was a going-away party...pictured here is their older (4) year old son who clearly is enjoying being surrounded by the older ladies:)
We ladies had a night on the town....partying it up first at Panera's:D; after some soup, bread, and pastries we were really roaring to go so we headed over to a town favorite spot, on the May River and just chilled for awhile.  But one out of three of us was pooped out after all this heavy-duty partying, so she headed home, and the two remaining decided to really live it up...........

Two words.....

Skee-Ball Addicts!  (for those who are wondering, the dash technically makes skee-ball one word...that's my story and I'm sticking with it!)

Shhhhhhhhh.....don't tell my girls, they have NO idea that's what we were out doing on this particular night...and that we won these cute little dolphins!

We were considering maybe just playing skee-ball, you know, instead of packing boxes, etc.

But now we are thinking, that that very thought alone constitutes the need for us to enlist ourselves into Skee-ball Anon or some help group like that!  (but before I do that, I'd like to research online to see if I can actually purchase a skee-ball machine...I really am THAT addicted:D)

As a funny side note, my friends rented a Budget truck---I drove E to Savannah to pick it up, as her husband wound up having to work that day (he works for a college and it happened to be open house on packing day:O...oooops:D)  So, petite E had to drive this 24 ft tuck by herself back to her house---she da woman!  Then, after packing most of their stuff yesterday, they realized it wasn't big enough....so they rented a trailer to tow behind the truck...only Budget doesn't carry enclosed trailers....so, they wound up renting it from U-Haul....only U-Haul would not rent it to them if they picked it up with a Budget truck; so they had to borrow a neighbor's van to go pick it up....thankfully, the place in Atlanta will permit them to drop the trailer off with a budget truck.  I thought this was all kind of funny----except for the inconvenience part, of course.




You didn't really think you'd get away without our weekly beach update, did you:D

No comments: