Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Gingerbread Suite---Update

Do you remember our beloved Gingerbread House?  This beloved place, just a couple of miles from our Wisconsin home, meant SO MUCH to me and the girls.  One of the things about Wisconsin we miss the most; right up there with my Wisconsin Bands (though the ache has dulled to wonderful memories since I am no longer bandless!  but I will always miss my friends!), tulips, fall harvest season, northwoods craft fairs, and pumpkin farms!  I've missed our Gingerbread House so much that I *attempted* to recreate it in our bonus room...at  which point was born, our Gingerbread Suite!!!!!  The suite was situated in our large above-garage bonus room...which serves as kind of our multi-purpose room: playroom, storage, guest-room.  I will say, I did a pretty decent job with the conversion, but it honestly still wasn't satisfying my true craving.  I know this, because for the past year I've entertained the idea of opening up some sort of rustic country craft shop, down here on the coast.  Well, all of a sudden, out of the blue something happened....there was a thought (yes, just one:), that seemingly came out of nowhere!  I realized that the little nook between my stair case and foyer-way closet, was NAKED!  Seriously, one painting?  Nope, just was not cutting it.  Then I had the bright idea of bringing my Lane cedar chest down, covered with my wonderful crimson fabric!  I would put my $1 rustic country red/tan checked decorative pillow on it (which, by the way, is what started the whole Gingerbread Suite Project...true story)! Brilliant!!!!  Only one problem though...I'm married to an engineer.....who measures..... before starting any job .....including carrying my Lane Cedar chest down the stairs...it did not fit by about two inches.  Bummer:(  However, my non-artsy yet brilliant in the measuring department enginner suggested moving my hunter green bakers rack into the NAKIE NAKIE space!  YES!!!!  This will work!


Ok, so it's a good start...still not quite complete...now has unders and some clothing, but is not accessorizing to its potential!  And then God said, let there be SHOPPING!  Only I'm a stickler for homemade and a sucker for primitive crafts.....so, there was shopping!  and oh, some of my treasures, dipped in yummy prim sauce (if you really want to know, you may just need to "google" this one:D) smelled so good smothered in all that cuteness!

Ahhhhhhh, there....MUCH better!  And we're proud to announce the birth of our Gingerbread Nook!  Our house feels SO much more cozy to us now!  I am HAPPY!  And believe it or not, my "craving" to open up my own country primitive craftshop----gone!   (there have been other changes throughout our home, in the country primitive theme....adding up to pure coziness on our LONG WINTER DAYS!  (ok, I admit, I miss having cooped up cozy days, at least once or twice a year:D)

But, when you give a mouse a cookie........

The bonus room now needs some "fixin"....so we purchased paint.....cheerful sunflower yellow and lime green!  Only it will no longer serve as our large guest suite....it will go to daughter one....in the tiny pink and cream bedroom, which she feels really crowded in...so much so, I feel it's cramped my little artist's creative endeavors.  So, we are relocating her to our future cheerful garden suite!  We'll be testing daughter two in there as well...without breaking down her log bed for the move...we'll start with an inflatable bed...not sure she's quite ready---not sure they should be sharing at this point.  But no doubt, there WILL be sleepovers with the little besties:)

To our guests, the little pink and cream bedroom will become the "Guest Suite" (and it is tiny, sorry...made the decision that we need to help out our daughter though, and this is what felt right)...which will no longer be pink and cream (just not sure what it will become yet).......hmmmmmmmm, when you give a mouse a cookie.....SO TRUE!

 THE END 
(of painting for a long long time, we hope:)

No comments: