Thursday, November 1, 2012

Venice

we are studying Venice today, as part of our "Pizza" unit study---taking a look at Antonio Vivaldi....Vivaldi's father worked at St. Marks in Venice...I told the girls that I have been to St. Marks....and it struck Little Angel that: #1, just how old the church is and #2 that I actually stood in the very same spots that Vivaldi did:) Now, time to play "The Four Seaons" for them;)
Below is a photo I took in Venice back in 1996 (and sadly, because I ran out of free photo storage space on google, I've resorted to copying and pasting photos, which gives me no control over the size of the photo....so, from here on out, the photos may be cropped rather strange...like in this photo...the original is a gorgeous shot of a full gondola...but on my computer, I'm only able to see the very front end of it;):
 
 

No comments: