Thursday, October 17, 2013

Vegetable Pot Pies

 
4-5 cups, veggies of choice (we sauteed onion,  celery and garlic and steamed potatoes, peas, and carrots)

2 pie crusts (refridgerated or home-made....when I have time I'll do this with my 100% whole wheat flour, other wise I just use premade crusts or filo dough....have to be realistic at times;)

butter (I used about 2-3 TBSP)
flour (I used about 2-3 TBSP)
salt and pepper
1-1/2 cup of veggie broth
2/3 cup of milk
1/3 cup of grated cheese.

Roast or steam your veggies til softened to your desired texture; season to taste.

prepare pie crust in 9 inch pie pan (I doubled the recipe to freeze one).**** I suggest prebaking the bottom crust so it comes out browned and flaky and not doughy****

create a roux: combine flour an butter, whisk to together...gradually add in broth and milk and stir on heat til thickened, add in cheese.

Remove from heat and combine veggies and roux.

Season to taste (I used sea salt, pepper, and ranch seasoning).

Spoon into crust-lined pan, and top with other cust and flute the edges.

Bake 30-40 minutes at 425 degrees or so until crust is golden brown (**watch it closely, depending on your crust it could brown sooner;)

Bon appetit!





No comments: