Wednesday, September 16, 2015

I'm so very grateful for my little "accidental" business

https://www.etsy.com/shop/DFInspirations 

 
For those who don't know how it started, back in early 2012, I discovered a very cool bracelet look that I loved. I wanted to buy one, but given that our soul income family's provider was on "vacation" from employment (and we all enjoyed his time off for 10 months, and I do mean we took full advantage of of that time!), I didn't want to spend the $200 on the bracelet I saw. I had never made a piece of jewelry in my life! But, I thought, how hard can this be. So I grabbed some supplies, took full advantage of my love of color and words, and created the piece below for myself. Not thinking anything of it, I posted my bracelet on FB...and the next thing you know, several of my friends instantly asked me to create them bracelets, and another with a business bought several to sell in her shop and gave me amazing tips on what I need for a craft business (I seriously did not intend to start a business here;); and then I started receiving orders from people I didn't know, and even bulk orders from their contacts, etc. One month I even brought in $1500, my first year! That funded a vacation for us, during our year of no income;). This has been the ultimate experiment in manifestation for me....I use Dragonfly Inspirations Creations to play with my manifestation skills;). I'm still so amazed how the orders just keep coming!
 

This creative business has also
provided wonderful opportunities for me to give back, by creating pieces to assist with several different benefit auctions (doggies, cancer benefits, medical care of a child, surprises in the mail when people need a pick me up, Down's Syndrome, and more.)
Each year I try to do a little something special and meaningful with at least some of my creative earnings.
2012: funded our family camping vacation to Niagara Falls, The Adirondacks, and Vermont.
2013: we purchased a new to us boat, and this contributed towards some of the extras we put into the boat
2014: I bought my beloved Bachetta Giro 20 recumbent!
2015: tonight I will be buying my alto sax, which will enable me to play in a local jazz band!


I'm so very grateful for my little business, for the continued support and ideas from you, and for all of you putting up with my daily posts;).....and mostly, for this beautiful opportunity to bring Love and healing in such a creative way....I receive countless private messages from my customers detailing their personal stories, to help me capture what their piece really means to them....and that is why I continue to do what I do... I'm so very grateful for the opportunity to lift someone's spirit💚
I'm so very grateful for all of you


No comments: