Tuesday, September 9, 2008

My Mom's Italian Red Sauce


My mama's tangy, thick, yet sweet and savory Italian Sauce! (sorry, I don't have permission to publish this, but, I'm guessing she won't have me arrested:) It took her years to perfect the perfect blend of seasonings and flavors, and HOLY COW is this good! (note: moved from previous post as this deserves a posting of its own! And I'm just getting better-organized with this blogging stuff:)


Mama's Italian Red Sauce
  • 4--3 oz cans of tomato paste
  • 2--15 oz cans tomato sauce
  • one small onion chopped
  • season to taste:
    • fresh basil
    • roasted garlic
    • 1/4 cup brown sugar
    • cracked black pepper
    • oregano or Italian seasoning
    • pinch of salt
  • 4 cups of water in slow cooker
  • 5 cups of water on stovetop

No comments: