Thursday, December 10, 2009

Christmas Fun





Little Angel (5.5) is growing so quickly! Yesterday she decided to go outside to go make a snowman---in the past she's had problems rolling the snow to form the balls---so a grownup has always had to do that part for her. This year, she went out all by herself, and created this VERY adorable snowman all by herself! I was so proud of her. (I was also surprised she could lift the snowballs up to form the body--this snow we have right now is HEAVY!). She then came inside and asked me for a carrot--I felt like a terrible mom, I didn't have any left--but she was a good sport and took a piece of celery:)

The next project was also completely done by her. I handed her the gingerbread house kit; and that was it--she tore open the box, went into the kitchen for utensils to work with --I literally said nothing to her and gave her ZERO instructions--in fact, I did not even look at her creation until her project was complete! And I would say the results are spectacular! (Fairy Girl assisted too, she tested some of the candies, true to her sweet nature:)

5 comments:

Meg said...

The gingerbread house looks great! We're making ours on Saturday--I'll post photos.

Stix said...

super cute! It's nice letting them do their own thing when they can finally. :)

Julie said...

Connor and I made gingerbread dough this morning. It's in the fridge now. We are going to make people and faces out of it later.

Julie said...

She did a great job with both the snow man and the house!

Our Blessed Journey said...

Stix---that's a pet peeve of mine--when we've taken some of those community classes and they are set up so that the PARENTS do most of the work--what kind of pride would that give to the child--age appropriate--even if it's just coloring!

Julie---thank you--I was VERY proud of her--and you and Connor have fun!! (Good luck with the dough:) I think the girls and I will make and decorate some cutouts today (I don't enjoy doing cutouts, but kids do:)--using their Grandma Jeanne's family recipe---I'm sure you've had this recipe at your MILs--it is good!