Saturday, July 30, 2011

A Trip Down Gingerbread Lane...



We LOVED LOVED LOVED our Gingerbread House--it was only a couple of miles from our home in Wisconsin...and did I mention we LOVE it there!  (in case those who have followed my blog in the past couldn't have guessed:)  

Well, then...WE love it SO much, that we actually tried to somewhat replicate that Gingerbread House-ISH atmosphere in our house in Wisconsin!


In my trip down Memory Lane today, I found a post where I alluded to the fact that someday when we move and have a new home that I would dedicate a room to The Gingerbread House!  Well, by golly, today the plan has come into place...I can see it now!  And my new Gingerbread House will be....(drum roll please......) in OUR BONUS ROOM!  Of course, it's perfect!  C'est Magnifique!!  Nothing short of pure BRILLIANCE!!!  For you see, when I think of The Gingerbread House, I think of very rustic country cozy---and that usually implies a lot of very cozy STUFF!  But, you see, part of my other vision was to have a serene meditative zen-like zone, with not much clutter!  And you have NO idea how many VAN loads we took to Goodwill and the dump, before we moved from Wisconsin.  We also got rid of a LOT of furniture.  And then, when we were getting ready to move from the house we rented in SC for eight months, we got rid of several more van loads, plus more furniture and a patio set!  And then, once we got into our new home, we got rid of a few more van loads, plus MORE furniture!  And now, I'm talking about adding in more STUFF?????    Well, this is the beauty of my plan (also one a foresaw in my earlier post:)---I envisioned having ONE room, just one room that would be in honor of or in the likeness of our beautiful Gingerbread House--a room, where we can just shut the door, or visit---anytime we want cozy--kind of like our many visits to The Gingerbread House.  And that room my friends, will be, the bonus room--it makes perfect sense!  This is our play room, our guest room (currently our storage room...it's a LOT worse since we brought John's car home--we have a long ways to go; had to clean the garage which had many unpacked boxes yet:)--and this room will be my one rustic country cozy Gingerbread House room!  This will take a LONG time before I am able to start on this project--there is barely walking room at the moment with all the boxes (perhaps we need to just run a few more loads to Goodwill:D).  When we can afford it, we will be having our attic insulated--so that we can actually safely store stuff up there --- right now it can get up to 130 degrees or more (can't imagine how that is impacting our energy bills:/)--but, all in good time.





Oh, and as a side note---when Little Angel and I were on our recent date night, we also thought it would be great fun to decorate their four foot Barbie House, which resides in the bonus, soon to be Gingerbread House Room--also in the Likeness of a Mini Gingerbread House!  Cute?  or CUTE!!




Ok, so the wheels are REALLY turning now!  I'm picturing a bench, like they have in the real Gingerbread House!  Quilts, arts and crafts, country plaid curtains......just a cozy hangout!

 Stay tuned....

 (psssst, but please be patient, my vision WILL come to fruition, but this one may take awhile:)

No comments: