Sunday, May 19, 2013

Homemade citrus coconut soap

And here is my actual soap, tweaked with ingredients I like...lavender essential oil, lavender and rosemary from my garden, oats from my kitchen;)  easy peasy!




Homemade Soap Recipe with Coconut and Citrus
Making homemade soap is one of those crafts that sounds intimidating, doesn’t it? You picture yourself slaving over a stove, scorching your fingers pouring hot soap into tiny molds. But fear not! Homemade soap is actually one of the most insanely simple things to do at home. If you have a microwave, then you’re all set. No special equipment is required – not even tiny soap molds.
And if you like knowing what goes into your cleaning products, especially the ones you use on your skin, definitely give this homemade soap a try. Your hands will thank you!
Make Soap at Home with Coconut and Citrus The fun part of making homemade soap is playing around with different recipes. You can take things you already have in your kitchen – like fresh herbs or citrus – to make all-natural scents. Adding fruit, like strawberries, would be fun too. And I like giving mine a bit of decadence by adding chocolate cocoa powder or shredded coconut.
DIY Homemade Soap Recipe

Homemade Coconut Citrus Soap Supplies:

  • 1/3 of a block of shea butter soap base. This is available at most craft stores (mine came from Michael’s). They also make goat’s milk and olive oil soap bases.
  • 1 tablespoon of citrus zest.
  • A few drops of orange essential oil.
  • 1-2 tablespoons of shredded coconut.
  • Plastic containers.
how to make homemade soap Melt the soap base in a microwave safe container (I like to use Pyrex measuring cups for easy pouring) in the microwave in 30 second intervals. When it’s completely melted, add the zest, essential oil and coconut.
Mix together well and pour into a container. I used a few plastic bowls but you can also use empty milk cartons or other cardboard shapes you find in the recycling bin. Just make sure to wash them thoroughly before using. After pouring the soap into the mold, sprinkle more zest or coconut on top if desired.
DIY Soap Recipe with Coconut and Citrus Let the soap harden for about an hour and then pop it out of the container. That’s it! I told you it was easy!
Homemade Coconut Citrus Soap Recipe 
this recipe was sent to me from my good friend Anton....I can't WAIT to make this...NO LYE....and I happen to have ALL the ingredients...well, except the microwave...ours konked out two months ago, and I haven't really missed it....til now...although I'm pretty certain I could manage to accomplish this stove top:D

http://petitelefant.com/homemade-citrus-coconut-soap/

No comments: