Friday, May 10, 2013

scenes from my home from last evening....

frogs and fire!


isn't this a cool photo!!  He's climbing up our back family room window, which faces our woods...and the sun was setting...giving us this very cool illusion of the frog climbing the trees :D

ok, so this is obviously not a frog; but my gnome didn't want to be left out :D 

ahhhhhhh, peace...my forest was ALIVE last night...wow!!

when the weather's warm, there are always at least three greeting us from our front porch:)

took Piper for an evening stroll, being VERY careful not to step on the toads on the road:)  As I was saying the forest was ALIVE last night, as were the ponds...heard a wonderful symphony of Carolina Frogs....I personally only know the tree frog, barking tree frog, squirrel tree frog, and the Eastern Narrowmouth Toad (they are LOUD...they got into my girls' little kiddie pool last year;)...and the bull frogs (where where very active at the ponds)...I'll have to learn to identify more frogs...we have SO many!

I just found this very cool websight identifying the frogs native to my area, by looks and by sounds:
http://srelherp.uga.edu/anurans/index.htm 

and finally, after our little stroll, we came home to this guy hanging out on our patio door (and apparently using it as its toilet :D)  I wanted to open the screen, without letting it in the house...so I gently nudged it with a stick, when it proceeded to hop onto my shoulder.  I confess I squealed a tad ;)

Life with Froggie tales, to be continued:)

No comments: