Thursday, December 19, 2013

Genetti (Italian cookie recipe, given to me by an Italian friend!)



Genetti

6eggs
1 cup sugar; 1/2 cup butter ; 1/4 C oil ; 1t anise oil ;4t anise extract;5-6 cups flour;1/8 t salt; 6t baking powder; 350 degrees; 10 minute
Amy Pillizzi
9:51pm
Amy Pillizzi

I mix all dry ingredients and sift. I start with 5 cups of flour. Dough should be dry. In winter I usually only use 5 cups flour summer i use more depends on where you live? The dough comes together nicely in a kitchen aid mixer. The dough is fairy dry like band sturdy. I roll mine into perfect walnut sized balls. the baking powder makes them rise alot. I can usually fit 16 or more on a tray they rise up but don't spread. Make frosting with powdered sugar and a few tablespoons of water. You can add vibrant colors to frosting or just food coloring which is pale.

Don't use olive oil too fruity. Use a plain flavorless oil

I also make them using vanilla extract instead of anise because the kids don't like anise.

Good luck let me know how they turn out? Oh yeah, frosting is like a two day drying project. YOu can also freeze these cookies really well. Just take them out and frost them after they thaw.

No comments: