Saturday, December 14, 2013

never enough decking of the halls for us......here are some of the results of yesterday's Girls' Day Out:





I'm just such a sucker for all these irresistible cute yummy ornies.....adult stuffed animals :D

And last night, I dropped off the girls to their ballet dress rehearsal...and then I got to work...I ran and did a little shopping to punch up our front porch a bit (which I admit still had my little pumpkin and sunflowers sitting there:).  And I raced home and got to work....and then raced back to pick up the girls (I was 1 minute late, but that's ok, they weren't ready to leave :D )....and when we arrived home, they were SO HAPPY!  I heard: 'WOW, THANK YOU MOMMY!!!!!!'  'nuff said:)  See, almost everybody decorates for night time, but what about day time?  I just am so in love with decorations that work for day and night...that's why our lighting (the little we have:) is actually lighted garland.    I always thought that inflatable stuff was kind of oddly vampirish, coming to life at night, but just kind of dead during the day....laying lifeless on the lawn.  So, even if that would make my kiddos happy, I haven't gone that route.  I confess I've always wanted a deer for the front lawn...I saw the one I wanted, years ago, in Wisconsin...and haven't been able to locate one....it was all wood (or wood looking), with a big red bow on...it looked SO rustic and cozy, which is my look and style that I love.  I don't recall if it lit up or not, but during the day it was just so perfect.  Now that was up in the northwoods, in the coastal south, not sure if I still want that:)  Anyway, here are a couple of small tweeks I made that brought big smiles!



see, we're not total Scrooges, or grinches, are we?

Please meet my neighbors, the Grizwolds:

and here is what we (the Grinches), across the street from the Grizwolds, thought we should do:D 

the end :D

No comments: