Friday, December 13, 2013

it's Friday Fun Day for me and my little ladies!

and boy, did we done good today!

We started out with a brunch at our favorite Friday Fun Day place, and boy did we time it well!  You'll NEVER guess who happened to be dining there!!!!!!

Fairy Girl requested a pony....for real:) 


shhhhhhhh, she's concentrating

goof:)

and then.....there was shopping!  I'm such a sucker for their country store:)  All their yummy rustic Christmas decorations were 40% off.....our tree is looking SO delicious and cozy now!  And the girls are able to decorate the whole tree by themselves now (excluding the lights and the topper:)  I just realized something today though.....for my bridal shower, 13.5 years ago, I had requested a "trim our tree" theme....and we received many beautiful decorations and ornaments....gorgeous glass ornaments......which are safely tucked in a very pretty ornament box, where they've been for 8 years to be precise.....for that is the year baby Fairy girl made her debut, and little Angel was 1.5 .... and well, you see, 1.5 year olds and glass ornaments...not a smart combo.  I have a wonderful memory of carrying baby Fairy Girl in her baby carrier and heading to Steins to come up with a new tree decorating plan, one which has since become a plan I just love love love.....rustic!  We filled in with all sorts of rustic, fabric and wood ornaments, and clip on beautiful red poinsettias....and WOW, next to our fire place and rustically decorated mantel, that is a show-stopper tree!  (a refresher photo, for those who haven't seen enough of my family room yet....like me :D )   I'm sure some day, I'll add the glass ornaments back in as well, though with hardwood flooring, I'm still a bit uneasy with the idea......oh, and the irony here....what is now a kid-proof tree, has suddenly become WAY too tempting for Piper....everyday, he sneaks an ornie off the tree....thankfully there have only been about two casualties in the last three years....I usually catch him in time, and he only does this when we're home;  because that's how golden retrievers are:) the refresher photo, for my viewing pleasure:)

stay tuned.....it's Christmas Performance Weekend!  The girls have their Littlest Nutcracker performance, and I have my holiday concert:)





No comments: