Saturday, December 7, 2013

Our Town's Annual Christmas Parade

Nothing screams community to me like a small-town Christmas parade! The sound of the drums and marching band brings back incredible memories of my marching band days from youth (and floating "marching" band days with my community adult bands:). The only difference is, up north, I was in the Xmas parades, and one time, in my 30s I literally came home in tears because my hands and feet and ears were in extreme pain from the extreme cold ). And today, hubby and I sit on the sidelines, it's a perfect 70 degrees, and my beautiful ballerinas will be floating by!!! So grateful for all these wonderful (even the freezing cold ones;) memories!!! 






 
Ladies and Gentlemen, the world's largest....boiled peanut!  Only in the south:)  This thing makes its way all around town...shows up at every special event...I seriously think they rent it out:)

You know you live in a major golf community when you have more golf carts lining the streets for a parade than lawn chairs



our view behind us (and in front, we sat on a bridge) as parade spectators:)  Christmas in the south is the best!
 Love me some Lowcountry!

Merry Christmas.....coastal style!

No comments: