Friday, July 25, 2014

just another walk in the (splash) park....

and what a difference one year makes....let alone four. 

Four years ago the girls had to be within our site at ALL times, and I kept them in  life jackets the whole day. 
 

but this year....I gave them complete freedom to walk around the splash park, as long as they stayed together at all times. 
 
I think they enjoyed this independence:)
 
 

Towards the end of the evening, when the park was close to closing and was very empty, fairy girl approached me and was in need of a bandaide after falling, and I could see Little Angel talking to a lifeguard.....she couldn't see us, and was disoriented because all the intertubes were stacked up and she couldn't see over them too easily....she thought we left her.
 
 So close :D
 
 I admit I kind of enjoyed their new-found independence too :D


We tried a new smaller local water park in Georgia, but we are all very much in agreement that we much prefer James Island in Charleston.  But since J didn't go with us, I personally prefer this drive, as it's a much easier drive, and it's about an hour closer:)  I didn't feel too far away. 
 

We ended our Friday Fun Day with a stop at Hobby Lobby, a bit of a treat for us, since we don't have one near us.
 
 a great day was had by all!
 




No comments: