Saturday, July 5, 2014

Tasty Veggie Wraps

Tasty Veggie Wraps

When I did the Daniel Fast last year, I added an extra restriction to myself in that I wouldn’t eat anything with leavening in it.  Consequently, I lived on veggie wraps for lunches.  They were so filling, and the avocados helped fill me up.
INGREDIENTS:
½ cup broccoli, shredded
½ cup carrots, shredded
½ cup purple cabbage, shredded
1 avocado
1 TBS extra virgin olive oil
1 tsp soy sauce
¼ tsp Thyme
¼ tsp Rosemary
¼ tsp Garlic Powder
4 Whole Wheat Tortillas
SUPPLIES:
Sharp knife/cutting board
measuring cups/spoons
PREPARATION:
Shred the vegetables.
Slice the avocado thinly.
DIRECTIONS:
Place oil in warm skillet.  Add shredded cabbage, carrots, and broccoli mixture and sautĂ© until tender/crisp.
Add seasonings and the soy sauce.
Remove from the pan and place a tortillas in the skillet, one at a time, heating until warm.
Line avocado slices down each tortilla.  Top with the shredded mixture.

No comments: