Sunday, October 19, 2014

the toad in the toilet

it's true, my parents had a frog (or possibly a toad, not certain) in their guest bath toilet.  They found this out when they returned to Florida about three weeks ago.  They heard it croaking at 2 am....it was a tiny little thing.... a white baby....and then it GREW....it would disappear and reappear...they'd flush it, and it would come back.  And sure enough, while we were there, their guest appeared.  I have to admit, I'd give a couple of curtousy flushes, just to make sure there wasn't a "toad on my tush." 

well, all of a sudden, last night, Fairy Girl screamed and ran out of the bathroom....although that toilet lid had been closed, somehow that froggy magically found its way into the bathtub!  I guess he served his purpose and was done living in my parents' toilet;)  So, my parents' new hero, their son-in-law, was able to successfully capture this poor guy.  He then walked him about two blocks away, released him onto the golf course, where he happily hopped away to freedom in the great outdoors, not in the sewers.  I think this is the first time he ever saw daylight!  I couldn't imagine living, you know, where he was living;)

but then, something very strange happened.....as we were driving home, going through The Villages, right next to us was this Divine Sign...what is the Universe (or said toilet toad;) trying to tell us?  My hunch, he misses my parents and wants to return home:)

No comments: