Friday, July 3, 2015

this week's boating adventures.....

J finished the trailer!  What we (ok, he...I know better:) thought would be a full day job, wound up taking a little longer...so we found a nice little sanctuary at Shelter Cover on HHI for Little Sea Hunt to have her little two night holiday.   She was in good company amongst the bigger boats, sail boats, and yachts:)  Isn't she cute?
  
She was in danger of falling through the rusting out trailer. J worked hard to replace the parts with stainless and aluminum.....works much better with salt water! 


She is MUCH happier now!

and so am I :D
  
Oh Captain my Captain
 
And on Wednesday, while the girls were at Camp Grandma and Grandpa (for a few days), J and I had a little date afternoon, bringing Little Sea Hunt back to home sweet home!  


Which means she was ready for Friday, when the girls were back home and ready for boating!  
 
We decided to try a different boat landing that we knew would be a lot less crowded....we usually launch from a landing that is locating between the two bridges that take you onto Hilton Head Island...but you know...July fourth weekend....major tourists happen.  We opted to stay away from our comfort zone.
And today we thought we were headed to Skull Creek, but apparently missed our turn and wound up on the ocean. My first clue was seeing all the beaches; my second clue was seeing two airplanes come in for a landing ... We opted to turn around rather than take the long way around;)  And finally found our way to Skull Creek, to be greated by a large pod of dolphins!  I think we say about 25!  If I weren't on a boat and all, I'd bring a good camera.  So, my iPhone shots will have to do:   





And after we returned to the dock, we were greeted by this Great Blue Heron.  I've seen him here before.  He seems to be an opportunist of sorts, snagging fish from the fishermen:) 


https://scontent-atl1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpa1/v/t1.0-9/11665511_10207482339527311_2213375655615468184_n.jpg?oh=efffa33755b518ef741d30fbff37ab09&oe=5623CDC8
and another great day on the boat, was had by all!

No comments: