Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Girls' Day Out

A week ago today Grandma (and Grandpa) came down for a wonderful girls-day-out. Monday night we met my Uncle D down in K-town for dinner (funny, because he lives in IL--the girls and I don't live there, and my parents don't live there:) Then on Tuesday, we started out for our Girls Day Out (after giving the doggies some well-deserved, doggy part time). I wanted to visit this big newly relocated craft store, located out in the country--called Country Sisters. We drove there--walked in, and walked right out. There was not one home-made craft there that we could see--it was pretty much all Chinese imports of made-to look crafty country type items--that's not the same:) So, we decided it would be fun to head to Delafield--it's a cutsy town--we found a nice retaurant where you see us seated above. (The doors were left open and I was freezing, which is why I'm wearing a coat--fairy girl, on the other hand is always hot--lucky girl:) The restaurant advertised itself as California meets Italian--they had a wonderful, shorter menu with quality ingredients--but honestly nothing kid-friendly. Our waitress went to talk to the chef--and came out with some options--and the winner was: peanut butter and jelly pizza--it was a major hit, and how much more kid-friendly can you get than that:)

Later that afternoon, we brought the girls home, where Grandpa R stayed with them, and my mom and I headed back out. We went to Penzey's (love it there!) and then next door to JoAnn Fabrics:) Grandma J wanted to select some yarn to make clothing and blankets for the girls' dolls they'll be getting for Christmas; and I wanted to pick up some craft projects for them.

And that night, Grandma and Grandpa ordered pizza and "babysat" while J and I got a rare date night!

A good time was had by all:)

2 comments:

Julie said...

Oh - what did you get at Penzey's? Anything new?

I need to go and replenish my chili powder...and browse. I always spend more than I intend to, though!

Our Blessed Journey said...

ahhhh-well, I should probably tell you before you go--I drew Kev's name--and part of his gift will include that Barbecue set---sorry, I know it's not grilling out season--YET:).

I bought a small chili powder for me (and made chili tonight) and a chili con queso, and shallot salt---(wow Yum!)