Saturday, November 14, 2009

My Little Magical Maidens





My Little Angel has been enchanted by the idea of magic for about a month now. She's been begging me to teach her magic and magical tricks. Unfortunately that is a talent that I do not possess. Last week, *out of the blue:)* a friend of mine suggested that it's probably time for the girls to make magic wands for themselves. Well, obviously her suggestion couldn't have come at a better time, so above you see the creation of the girls' magical wands! Little Angel then said she needs magic cards--so I gave her some note cards, and downstairs to her art table, she went to work! Whatever is on the card is what she's supposed to be able to change an object into:) Unfortunately we haven't seen obvious results with the actual change, but I encouraged her to keep working at it--magic, like anything takes practice. I suggested that she spend sometime in our beautiful backyard asking the fairies for their assistance (plus it's mid November and 60 degrees today:). But alas, she still seeks a book of magic, so that is my next mission--to find a child-oriented magic book, perhaps in the fairy theme--(I don't think she's after the "pull the bunnies out of the hat illusional stuff:)"

Oh, and Piper the magic puppy is posted just because he's cute--see the way he's holding his bone--it looks like he's smoking a cigar:)

No comments: