Wednesday, February 24, 2010

We Left The Tropics to Enter a Blizzard!














We were in desperate need of some color and tropical breezes; so we headed over to the Mitchell Park Conservatory today. One dome is a tropical dome (my favorite because of the waterfall sounds and the warm tropical air, and the COLORS; though it was so steamy, the lens on my camera kept fogging up:); the next dome was the desert---pretty, but chilly--and not enough color for me (I'd never make it in AZ:); and the most fun dome was the Show Dome, flowers and choo choo trains--I'd love to have a train garden someday! I wanted to hang out more, but it is near downtown Milwaukee, and I wasn't in the mood for heavy rush hour traffic (it was heavy traffic getting there) along with the low visibility--we left the tropical dome only to find it was snowing fairly heavily. I'd like to go back sometime for music in The Domes--it's held at night and lit up beautifully, accompanied by various musical groups (and Julie thought blog baking was contagious--HA!). http://www.county.milwaukee.gov/MitchellParkConserva10116.htm

3 comments:

Julie said...

This looks like a beautiful place, and tons of fun! Connor would love the trains. When you get your garden train all set up, we will come visit to see it!

Meg said...

Oh my gosh--it looks so warm and cozy in there--I wanna go!

Debbie said...

I love the Domes! We love to go just before the Christmas holidays when they have the Christmas displays up - and we have many times taken our Christmas card photo there. Just beautiful!