Thursday, November 11, 2010

Barbie's Finally in The Family!


Three years ago, when my oldest was three and my youngest was 1.5, I realized, "wow, I have little girls---BARBIES!!!!"  and I bought them their first barbies:)  They of course loved the Barbies, didn't do a whole lot with them at the time, but non-the-less, loved their barbies.  Well, soon after, I had gotten into a Goodwill stage for "treasure" hunting--and as luck would have it--the girls spotted Barbie cars--two, as a matter of fact--for $.50 each!  So their Barbies now had wheels!  Well, no long after, it was in my head (though I didn't say a word to Little Angel) that Barbie needs some place to live.  Believe it or not, the very next day three yr old Little Angel said, "Mommy, Barbie needs a house!"  And it was that day that I started looking---and I was shocked by the sticker prices--upwards of $200!!!!  The next day, something told me I should check e-bay---and I did.  And guess what I found--I found the above-shown house, as a local pick-up only, which happened to be in the Milwaukee area, with tons of wooden furniture--oh, and it was only $10!!!!!!  And, not only was this in the Milwaukee area, when we exchanged addresses, they happened to have to be in my town, just a few blocks from my neighborhood; and told me to meet at the local Ace Hardware, just outside of my old subdivision!  Talk about the law of attraction in action!  So, I showed up with the Jeep Grand Cherokee--it didn't fit!  (we have a dog barrier between the trunch and the backseat)---so then I ran home and came back with the Explorer, with the seat down--victory!! 

Well, the girls were of course excited about the new house, but honestly had no idea what to do with it.  So pretty much, for the last three years it's served as a storage shelf---it's been upstairs, it's been in the basement, it's been in both girls' rooms--but, again, pretty much my $10 treasure collected dust.  And, I ALMOST considered donating it before we left Wisconsin, almost...

Excitement arose in our household--last night in fact; my girls finally discovered the magic of barbies, together!!!!  And now, they can't get enough of playing Barbies!!!

My little girls: Fairy Girl, age 1.5, Little Angel, age 3

 

No comments: