Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Flowering Bushes


When we first visited the area of South Carolina where we were potentially going to live, it was April.  One of the biggest things that stood out to me were all the beautiful flowering bushes--everywhere!  I've seen a few here and there in Wisconsin, but they really aren't too prevalent up north.  Come April in Wisconsin, I'm usually just starving for color after a long grey winter; so the very colorful bushes really made my day!  

Well, we live in South Carolina now!  This will be our first winter down here, and I honestly don't believe I will be deprived of color any longer!  I happened to be washing dishes and look out the window to see that the three bushes in our front yard started blooming?  In mid November???  I ran outside, as I thought I was hallucinating--but the flowers are really opening up--and these bushes (with very hard and stiff leaves, no clue what they are) have hundreds of buds---I think these bushes are going to be bursting in color in time for Christmas!  That will make up for our first non white Christmas--that and the 60 or 70 degree temps:)

 

2 comments:

Debbie said...

Wow - the flowers are so beautiful.

We no longer have pretty flowers blooming. But this was one of the best and most beautiful falls. The weather was very mild and we didn't have the wind - so we had all the leaves stay on the trees - in full color. It was a very pretty fall. Haven't seen that in a long time.

Our Blessed Journey said...

that sounds gorgeous Debbie--I will always miss fall---my parents said the same thing--best fall they ever had up there!