Saturday, January 8, 2011

This Will Soon be OUR Home!!!

Here it is!!  Here is your first glimpse (unless you've been watching my FB page) at our new home!!!!  5 more weeks to closing, we are pretty much all packed up, and just counting down the time!

 I've always wanted a beautiful foyer.  I have a beautiful foyer, wouldn't you agree?


This is our new very well-lit family room!!  Manditory items on our new home bill included: lots of light and lots of cross breeze and a family room overlooking a beautiful backyard---we accomplished it!  However, also on the list was hardwood--most of the first floor is hardwood, except the family room and the dining room (which will actually be our office/homeschool room--never understood WHY dining rooms are carpeted?)  Anyway--as soon as we move in, we are pulling the carpet from the family room and laying more hardwood!!!!!

 Our beautiful breakfast nook, also overlooking the backyard.  Another item on my wishlist, which isn't always quite as easy to find was hardwood in the kitchen--most people use tile (I HATE tile, seriously, I do---it echoes, and I don't like grout:D)---guess what, I got hardwood in my kitchen too!!!  The greens are beautiful---debating if I should relax with them for awhile, or immediately go for my signature rustic oranges?---two totally different feels.

 And one of the other biggies on our "must have" list was a wooded backyard--guess what, we back up to a nature preserve!!  We will have years and years of wonderful campfires (we are hoping this is the last home for us--I mean, we're just 5 miles west of Hilton Head Island now?  where else would we want to retire!)

Life is good.  We are very blessed!

2 comments:

Julie said...

I love it! Can't wait to come and visit.

Our Blessed Journey said...

can't wait for you to come visit!!--large finished bonus room serving as guestroom, home gym and play room---all inclusive:D--plenty of room and just a few miles from Hilton Head and about 20 minutes from downtown Savannah--and 1.5 hours from Charleston--there is a ton to do here!