Sunday, December 16, 2012

Holiday Celebrations with the Arts....

We had a wonderful fun-filled busy weekend, full of dance and music; all part of the Celebration of the Season!  Grandma and Grandpa and Brie came up from Florida to see all of our fun! 

Are you ready?  Here we go!!!

On Saturday I had a dress rehearsal for my band, in prepartation for a concert.  Thankfully my mom was here and able to get the girls ready for their very first ballet performance: "The Littlest Nutcracker."  My girls played the role of "the sisters" (there were four in total).  Their job was to decorate the tree, and take the toddler ballerina "ornaments" out of the plastic bins.  Fairy Girl, the smallest of the sisters, said, "I hope Stella doesn't eat too much today, or I won't be able to lift her."  (haha;)  My dad, came with me to my dress rehearsal, as the only audience member, because the Packers (sort a;) WOMPED da Bears today (as we knew they would;), and, well, not even his little girl's band concert was going to prevent him from watching the game today...so, coming to my dress rehearsal was his compromise, haha.  He was a VERY well-behaved audience, I must say;)

In the meantime, like I said, the girls had their first performance, and yes, Grandpa R and I made it there in time to see it!!!  Ok, proud mommy moment, are you ready (and my GOSH, my girls are starting to look like giants, compared to the toddler ballerinas;(?

 Anyway:


this is just a photo I took before we left for their dress rehearsal on Friday
 
 Dancing after just having finished decorating the tree...

 
Removing the live ornaments...

Dancing with the sweet little ornaments...

etc.....there were more pictures and many more ballerinas and acts; but of course I think it's only natural for a mom to take photos mostly of her own children;)

Bravo, Ballerinas, BRAVO!!!


my favorite Christmas program is showing on Netflix...hours and hours and hours and hours and hours....of entertainment!
 Photo: Piper and Brie
aren't they cute?

 
The Lowcountry Community Band rocked the church today!  We have one more concert on Hilton Head on Tuesday!!  And then, Madame Librarian, yours truly,  has lots and lots of music to collect and organize over Christmas break! 



da, da da da, dat's all I got for ya tonight folks!  Hug your kiddos, extra tight!


No comments: