Thursday, March 7, 2013

I made home-made Italian Dressing in My new Fancy Dressing Bottle:D

I made the Italian dressing recipe that I recently posted!  I'm looking forward to trying it tonight as a topping for olives, mozzerella pearls, and cherry tomatoes.  

Photo: Homemade Italian dressing with fresh from the garden herbs
The sad part is, I had no idea I was out of basil...and thyme!  This kind of stunk because I had already started making it, and they seem like important ingredients:)  But then, lightbulb moment...remember my post about my surprise at how well my poor neglected herbs are doing...they are even THRIVING despite the fact we've even had a few cold days this winter?  Well, my herbs are happy to no longer be ignored!  And, I got to take advantage of this handy dandy herb shear from my mom!
Photo: My fresh herb shears from my mom, rock!  So do my fresh garden herbs that survived the "winter!"
I'll report back on this recipe...I accidentally used white wine vinegar instead of red wine vinegar...and I also didn't have any Dijon mustard, so I used honey mustard....and it's possible my thyme is actually rosemary:D
But other than that, it looks like it will be good;)

No comments: