Sunday, March 10, 2013

spring IS in the air!!!!

back in spring of 2010, we took our second trip to Florida.  This is when we were still living in WI, but we were ready, and I mean READY to move!  On the way back north to WI, we took a "slight" detour...to South Carolina (basically, two states out of the way;)....you see, J had been granted a phone interview at a company in some city (Beaufort;) that we had never heard of...I had this bright idea that we just go that direction, he call and change his phone interview to an in-person one!  Well, apparently, it must have worked;)  Anyhoooo, while J was in the interview, the girls and I had an opportunity to drive around Beaufort and get a feel for it.  The one thing that struck me was that there were flowering bushes; EVERYWHERE.....I have never seen so many flowering colorful bushes as I have in the Carolinas!  And I LOVED it!  I've had many posts from winter in Wisconsin, where I was literally seeking out color...I struggled with the lack of color in winter.  I would visit The Domes in Milwaukee (indoor botanical garden), candy shops, jelly belly factory....anywhere where I could find color!   

Here's the post from our first-ever trip to Beaufort, SC:

Well, obviously my wish came true; and I now have color, almost year round....our grass stays mostly green, we have a lot of sunshine, and not all trees lose their leaves.  And today, I happened to notice that one of our bushes is in bloom!  I LOVE color!!!  Happy Happy Spring!

Photo: Spring is in the Air!  Some days I think I left WI, just to find more color! ;)

No comments: